Seeking Candidates for Board of Directors,
Gaging Interest for Task Force Co-Chairs and Committee Members
The candidate declaration form closed on March 10, 2017. The 2017 WGR Board Candidates are:
- Kathleen Coulombe, Society for Human Resource Management
- Amanda Karhuse, National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Michelle King, King Consults
- Charla McManus, WSW
- Christine Murphy, National League for Nursing
- Bree Raum, American Gas Association
- Mallika Vastare, The Furman Group
While not elected positions, WGR takes advantage of the election season to recruit for additional leadership positions, so that we can gage interest, and make appointments as they become available.
- Task Force Co-Chairs - Click here for a list of Task Force descriptions and here for a list of guidelines and responsibilities.
- Committee Members - Click here for a list of Committee descriptions and here for a list of guidelines and responsibilities..
If you are interested in becoming a Task Force Co-Chair or committee member, please fill out the Leadership Interest Form. Forms should be completed no later than 12:00 pm on Friday, March 10.
View the Election Campaign Guidelines.
Important Dates for Board of Directors Election:
- March 24 —Board Candidate Template due for Election Gazette
- March 22 – Meet the Candidates Happy Hour
- April 3 —Election Gazette sent to membership
- April 17 —Ballots due
- April 21 – Candidates notified
- May 1 —New Board Announced
- July 1 — Term Begins
All WGR members in good standing are encouraged to run. Serving in the leadership of WGR is extremely rewarding and affords you the opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and raise your organization’s visibility among the entire government relations community.
Education Task Force Policy & Politics Call (WGR Members Only)
State Relations Task Force Conference Call (WGR Members Only)
Pre-Hill Day Webinar (WGR Members Only)