Seeking Candidates for Board of Directors,
Gaging Interest for Task Force Co-Chairs and Committee Members
WGR is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
- Directors - There are five director positions open at this time. The other five will become available next year. Click here to learn about director guidelines and responsibilities. Candidates must have actively participated in WGR for two years. The term is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019.
- Officers - There are no officer positions open at this time. Officer Positions come open every two years and will be open again in 2018.
While not elected positions, WGR takes advantage of the election season to recruit for additional leadership positions, so that we can gage interest, and make appointments as they become available.
- Task Force Co-Chairs - Click here for a list of Task Force descriptions and here for a list of guidelines and responsibilities.
- Committee Members - Click here for a list of Committee descriptions and here for a list of guidelines and responsibilities..
If you are interested in running for the Board of Directors, please submit the Candidate Declaration Form. If you are interested in becoming a Task Force Co-Chair or committee member, please fill out the Leadership Interest Form. Forms should be completed no later than 12:00 pm on Friday, March 10.
View the Election Campaign Guidelines.
Important Dates for Board of Directors Election:
- February 16 – Future Leaders Lunch
- March 10 (12 noon) —Candidate Declaration Forms Due
- March 24 —Board Candidate Template due for Election Gazette
- March 22 – Meet the Candidates Happy Hour
- April 3 —Election Gazette sent to membership
- April 17 —Ballots due
- April 21 – Candidates notified
- May 1 —New Board Announced
- July 1 — Term Begins
All WGR members in good standing are encouraged to run. Serving in the leadership of WGR is extremely rewarding and affords you the opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and raise your organization’s visibility among the entire government relations community.
Health & Social Policies Task Force Conference Call (WGR Members Only)
Education Task Force Policy & Politics Call (WGR Members Only)
State Relations Task Force Lunch Meeting (WGR Members Only)