Member Categories and Fees
Any person who is recognized as having professional responsibilities in the field of government relations or in the field of public affairs* and is engaged in an employment relationship with an entity in the private sector that is not designated as a non-profit as defined below.
Private Sector Member Fee $195 (One-time initiation fee $50) JOIN NOW
Any person who is recognized as having professional responsibilities in the field of government relations or public affairs* and is engaged in an employment relationship with an entity designated as a non-profit by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
Non-Profit Member Fee $150 (Initiation fee waived) JOIN NOW
Any person who is recognized as having professional responsibilities in the field of government relations* and is engaged in an employment relationship with any federal, state or local governmental entity. Public Sector Defined
Public Sector Member Fee $45 (Initiation fee waived) JOIN NOW
Any person located outside of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (D.C./VA/MD) or any person who has been a member in good standing and leaves the field of government relations or public affairs for other professional endeavors or for reasons such as involuntary termination of employment, pregnancy, child care or retirement.
Associate Member Fee $100 (Initiation fee waived) JOIN NOW
Any person who supports the mission of WGR and its members and who works in an industry that provides goods or services to public or private entities involved in the field of government relations or public affairs.
Vendor/Supplier Member Fee $195 (One-time initiation fee $50) JOIN NOW
Any person who supports the mission of WGR and its members, is currently a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university and is not currently employed. (School name and email must be provided.)
Full-time Student Member Fee $25 (Initiation fee waived) JOIN NOW
The Leadership Circle is designed specifically for former WGR Board Members to support and enhance WGR’s future by sharing leadership experiences, historical perspectives, and professional expertise. This pay-it-forward approach benefits current and future WGR leaders and other government relations practitioners with a minimal time commitment and financial investment in WGR.
Leadership Circle Member Fee $500. If you are a former board member and would like to learn more, please contact the WGR Office.
WGR Empowerment Network (WEN)
Any organization interested in streamlining its support of WGR. Benefits include multiple memberships, free event attendance, sponsorship of signature events, visibility and access. Learn More
* A government relations or public affairs professional is defined as someone who:
- Takes an active role in determining the impact of legislative and/or executive branch and/or political activities at the federal, state, international, and/or local levels;
- Drafts position papers, testimony or publications on legislative, regulatory/public policy or political issues, or who identifies, researches, tracks, or analyzes public policy issues;
- Acts as official representative on legislative, regulatory/public policy or political issues;
- Manages decision-making, strategy development or policy determination with respect to federal, state or local governments;
- Develops grassroots, grasstops or other community outreach programs to support other advocacy activities;
- Determines and manages fundraising, including the solicitation or distribution of funds by a political action committee or other political organization; and/or
- Provides analysis about legislative issues, elections and/or political candidates.
Education Task Force Policy & Politics Call (WGR Members Only)
State Relations Task Force Conference Call (WGR Members Only)
Pre-Hill Day Webinar (WGR Members Only)