The fourth annual WGR Education Legislative Forum will address the education issues yet to be dealt with in the 116th Congress, from both the policy and funding perspectives. Joined by education committee staff from both chambers and parties, as well as education appropriations staff, attendees will hear about the priorities of the education authorizers and appropriators as well as other hot topics in education.
Friday, March 6, 2020
8:30 am to 10:30 am
Capitol View Rotunda, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
101 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20001
Online registration is closed.
The fourth annual WGR Education Legislative Forum will address the education issues yet to be dealt with in the 116th Congress, from both the policy and funding perspectives. Joined by education committee staff from both chambers and parties, as well as education appropriations staff, attendees will hear about the priorities of the education authorizers and appropriators as well as other hot topics in education. Breakfast beforehand will allow attendees and panelists an opportunity to network before digging into the panel discussion.
Attendees will gain:
- an understanding of policy priorities for the remainder of the 116th Congress;
- an understanding of the funding priorities for the remainder of the 116th Congress (FY 20 & FY 21 appropriations);
- an inside look at how congressional staff approach an issue and relationships on relevant committees;
- tips for advocates looking to elevate their education priorities with Members of Congress.
A light breakfast will be served.
Moderator: : Dana Laurens, Senior Associate for Policy & Advocacy, Education Reform Now; Sara Linder, Policy Advisor, Arnold & Porter
- Robin Juliano, Clerk, House Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies, Chair Rosa DeLauro
- Amy Jones, Director of Education and Human Services Policy, Office of Rep. Virginia Foxx
- Kathy Valle, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Rep. Bobby Scott
- Jennifer Castagna, Senior Policy Advisor, Education Counsel
- Kathlyn McHenry, Senior Policy Analyst, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Trelaine Ito, Legislative Assistant at Office of U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D-HI)
- Lindsay Fryer, Vice President, Penn Hill Group
- Member: $30
- Non Member: $60
This is event is off the record and not for press purposes.
Payment & Refund Policy
WGR Registration Fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable. You may substitute someone else at your membership level for your registration without penalty; however, membership benefits are non-transferable. If your replacement is not in your membership sector, you will be responsible for the difference in fees.
Consent to use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at WGR events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to WGR’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs and videotapes.
Please make sure your phone number and email address are accurate in your customer profile. In the event we need to contact you on the status of an event, WGR will make every effort to get the information to you via email and phone.