WGR Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
WGR is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, WGR staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct.
WGR has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants or our staff at our events. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, WGR asks that you inform either Emily Bardach, Executive Director
or at 202.868.6798 so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, WGR staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest. Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, WGR staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during general and breakout sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by WGR throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any WGR virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. WGR reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
WGR reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and WGR reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.